The Law Office of Ernest J. Bauer, Jr., provides effective legal defense for people charged with crimes in Covington, Louisiana, and throughout the surrounding area. I have devoted most of my practice to criminal law because I have an honest desire to ensure that people are treated fairly under the law and receive the best possible defense.
If you have been arrested for drunk driving, or are facing any other serious criminal charge, it is important to get legal representation right away. Contact me, a Louisiana criminal law attorney, online or call 504-667-6672 or 866-942-0310 to schedule a meeting to discuss your case. I will come to your home or the jail to meet with you about any criminal matter.
Experienced Defense Against All Criminal Charges
As a St. Tammany Parish criminal defense lawyer, I represent people who are facing all types of criminal charges, including:
- DWI/DUI defense: Whether you have been charged with a drunk driving offense for the first time or have had multiple DUI offenses, I provide an aggressive and effective defense designed to keep you out of jail. Many times, there are alternatives to prison that can be used in situations involving chemical dependency.
- Traffic violations: Any traffic violation, even speeding tickets, should be treated seriously, as they can generate a criminal record that will follow you for years.
- Drug offenses: I offer aggressive criminal defense for charges involving possession or distribution of illegal drugs, such as marijuana or cocaine, as well as prescription drug charges. I can also help with issues concerningseized property as part of a drug investigation.
- Sex crimes: The penalties for a sex offense are extremely harsh, and they may include registration as a sex offender. Child pornography and solicitation of a minor charges are especially serious offenses that carry lengthy prison sentences. I have extensive experience handling these complex cases.
- Theft crimes: I offer vigorous defense against charges involving stolen money or property such as car theft, burglary and robbery.
- Violent crimes: I provide complete representation to help you get your charges dropped or reduced, when possible, for violent crimes such as assault or battery.
- Domestic violence: A domestic violence charge can impact your relationship with your family, especially if a restraining order or protective order is granted. I help clients avoid such drastic measures.
- Weapons crimes: Prosecutors in Louisiana vigorously pursue all weapons claims, especially those involving guns, so you need an experienced advocate protecting your rights.
- Probation violation or parole violation: If you have been charged with a technical violation, misdemeanor, or felony crime while on probation or parole, I will work hard to keep you out of prison.
- Juvenile crimes: I help juvenile offenders stay out of jail by pursuing alternatives to prison. I handle all misdemeanor and felony juvenile offenses.
- Repeat offenders: Louisiana's habitual offender law means that multiple convictions can result in prison terms well over the typical maximum sentence. I fight hard against charges that are brought under this law.
- Expungements: A criminal conviction can haunt you for the rest of your life and make it difficult to obtain employment and housing, and it can impact other areas of your life. I can work to get certain convictions effectively thrown out and put the past behind you.
Even if the charges you face are not listed here, I can help. I represent those charged with all types of misdemeanors and felonies in Louisiana.
Call For A Consultation With A Covington DWI And DUI Attorney
Contact me, a Covington criminal defense attorney, online or call 504-667-6672 or 866-942-0310 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case.