Mistakes People Make After a DWI Arrest
Do you have questions about Mistakes after a DWI arrest? If you have been arrested for DWI, it is important to know what mistakes to avoid. This blog post discusses the most common mistakes people make after a DWI arrest, and how to avoid them. Learn how to protect your rights and get the best possible outcome for your case. By following these tips, you can help avoid making common mistakes after a DWI arrest in Louisiana.
Here are some of the most common mistakes people make after a DWI arrest in Louisiana:
1) Talking to the police without an attorney present. This is one of the biggest mistakes you can make after a DWI arrest. Anything you say to the police can be used against you in court, so it is important to exercise your right to remain silent and to only speak to the police with an attorney present.
2) Pleading guilty. Just because you were arrested for DWI does not mean you are guilty. You have the right to fight your charges, and you should never plead guilty without first consulting with an attorney.
3) Not hiring an experienced DWI attorney. DWI law is complex, and you need an attorney who knows the law and who can fight for your rights. Do not hire the first attorney you find; do your research and find an attorney who has experience handling DWI cases.
4) Not taking the charges seriously. A DWI conviction in Louisiana can have serious legal consequences, including fines, jail time, and the loss of your driver’s license. It is important to take the charges seriously and to work with your attorney to get the best possible outcome.
5) Not attending all your court dates. It is important to attend all of your court dates, even if you think the case is going to be dismissed. If you miss a court date, the judge could issue a warrant for your arrest.
6) Not following the terms of your bond. If you are released on bond, you are required to follow certain terms, such as not drinking alcohol and not driving. If you violate the terms of your bond, you could be arrested, and your bond could be revoked.
Here are some additional tips to avoid making common mistakes after a DWI arrest in Louisiana:
1) Do not drink and drive. This is the best way to avoid a DWI arrest in the first place.
2) If you are pulled over for DWI, do not argue with the officer. Be polite and respectful and follow the officer’s instructions.
3) Ask for a lawyer as soon as possible. You do not have to answer any questions without an attorney present.
4) Be honest with your attorney. The more information your criminal attorney in Covington has, the better they will be able to represent you.
5) Follow the terms of your bond. This will help ensure that your case is handled smoothly.
6) Attend all of your court dates. This is important, even if you think the case is going to be dismissed.
Visit our website today to learn more about how we can help you after a DWI arrest. Call (504) 610-5645