How can a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer help you in Covington, LA?
Many people consider riding a motorcycle a way of life. Motorcycling is a unique mode of transportation that offers freedom, adventure, escape, and the ability to get where you need it to with less gas and better maneuverability. Motorcyclists will agree that riding a bike is the most convenient way to travel, but it can also be dangerous. Motorcyclists can sustain serious injuries if they are not seen by truck and car drivers. The Ernest Bauer Law Firm can help you claim your right to compensation if you were in a motorcycle accident in Covington.
It’s clear that a motorcycle accident can cause severe trauma. Your attorney should take care of all details after an accident.
After a motorcycle accident, there are many things to do. These include medical expenses, rehabilitation, financial loss of time, and physical damage to your bike.
An experienced attorney can help you protect your rights if you are in an accident with a motorcycle.
FOR FREE CONSULTATION CALL – (504) 610-5645
Causes of Motorcycle accidents
Motorcyclists, like other drivers, often make poor decisions or make mistakes while driving their vehicles. It doesn’t matter if the driver isn’t experienced enough, careless, or sober, it can lead to performance mistakes, dangerous decisions, or motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclist negligence is most often involved in motorcycle accidents. It includes, but is not limited to:
1) Speeding: This is the most serious form of motorist negligence and is a factor in nearly one in three fatal motorcycle accidents. Speeding is a major factor in motorcycle accidents that result in death. Speeding can make it hard for motorists to pay attention and respond to their surroundings. However, it can increase the chance that motorcyclists or drivers (anyone speeding) lose control of their vehicles and cause accidents.
2) Drunk driving and riding: Nearly one in three fatal motorcycle accidents is caused by alcohol impairment. Motorcyclists in fatal accidents have the highest levels of alcohol impairment than any other motorist. The 40-44 year olds had the highest alcohol impairment in fatal wrecks (Source: NHTSA). While drunk riding is illegal in Louisiana, and all other states, many people choose to do it anyway. These impaired drivers often cause accidents.
3) Distraction or inattention: Drivers who fail to pay attention to traffic can miss key changes in their driving environment. Riders in high-traffic areas can be blinded, run red lights or do other dangerous maneuvers that could lead to motorcycle accidents.
Motorcycle accidents can occur when riders or drivers fail to obey traffic laws. These include not yielding the right-of way, driving the wrong route down one-way streets or tailgating motorists. If a motorist doesn’t follow traffic laws, the risk of motorcycle accidents (or traffic collisions) is higher.
How Covington Motorcycle Accident Lawyer can help you?
An attorney can help you with everything from the initial stages of your case to the final resolution. This means that an attorney can help you with:
- Knowing your rights and all legal recourses available is key.
- You will need to determine who was at fault for the accident and how you can strengthen your case.
- Collecting evidence to support liability and damages
- Assisting with court filings, managing case deadlines, and other complicated administrative work in your case
- Effectively protecting your rights and interests by communicating strategically with and interfacing with insurance companies
- To determine if the offers for motorcycle accident settlements are fair and when it might be necessary to go to trial, we need to review them.
Ernest Bauer Law can help you fight for your rights and get your case off to a successful start. We are skilled at crafting persuasive and strong cases for different types of claims. We work tirelessly to get the best results.
Motorcycle accidents can cause serious injuries that could have lasting consequences. Any compensation you receive must cover your financial and medical needs. However, it can be difficult to obtain the appropriate compensation without the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer.
Ernest J Bauer’s Law Firm has over 20 years of experience as a motorcycle accident lawyer in Louisiana. We are able to successfully litigate motorcycle accidents claims. We can assist you if you were injured in a Covington motorbike accident.
Always remember that passengers vehicle drivers as well as commercial motorists like truck drivers or bus drivers, can be considered other drivers. Ernest Bauer Law Firm in Covington can help you determine if driver negligence and/or other forms of negligence played a part in your accident.